Property Market Update: Ashford Sees Surge in New Homes and Decreasing Energy Bills Provide Relief for Homeowners
Are you curious about the latest developments in the property market? As experts in the field, we’ve been keeping a close eye on the trends and have some exciting news to share with you. Recent reports indicate that now could be the ideal time to start searching for your dream home, with mortgage rates stabilizing and a surge of new properties hitting the market. But that’s not all – a predicted decrease in energy bills starting from July is set to provide homeowners with some much-needed financial relief. To learn more about this welcome development, we’ve curated a must-read article from inyourarea with all the key take-aways. So sit back, relax, and discover how you can benefit from this significant reduction in energy prices.
Ashford Property Market on the Rise: Decreasing Energy Bills Offer Relief for Homeowners
As the property market experiences a shift, many potential homebuyers are left uncertain about when to make their move. However, recent developments in the market suggest that now could be a prime time to start your search for a new home. Mortgage rates have shown signs of stabilizing, leading to increased buyer confidence. One recent open house even saw a potential buyer stating that they had stopped looking for a few months but felt encouraged to move forward and secure a new home due to the reduced rates of 4.5%. Furthermore, there has been a surge of new homes coming onto the market in Ashford, providing buyers with more options than ever before. The icing on the cake? The predicted decrease in energy bills starting from July, offering some financial relief for homeowners.
Energy bills predicted to decrease by over £800 in UK
As property experts, we make it our priority to keep you up-to-date with the latest news and trends in the property market. With the recent announcement of decreasing energy prices, we wanted to share an insightful article from inyourarea that provides more information on this welcome development. Homeowners can now look forward to a significant reduction in their energy bills. Here are our key take-aways.
A year after Russia’s initial invasion of Ukraine, the average household’s annual energy bill is predicted to decrease by over £800 starting from July, as gas prices continue to decline.
- New research from Investec shows Ofgem’s price cap is forecast to fall to £2,165 from July, down from the £3,000 expected in April. This decrease in energy prices is attributed to the significant reduction in European natural gas prices.
- Investec further predicts that household energy bills will stabilise towards the end of the year, resulting in a slight increase in prices in October, with average bills going up to £2,190 a year.
- Analysts at Cornwall Insight predict that the cap will hit £3,295 in April, implying a lower cost to the government than suggested in Investec’s calculations.
- The current Ofgem price cap is £4,279 a year in average bills but will decrease to £3,332 in April, with the government paying £332 per household to cover its annual average energy bill.
- The cost of basic essentials is still rising, with the current inflation rate standing at 10.1 per cent.
You can read the full article here.
Let Us Help You Navigate the Ashford Property Market Today
Ready to take advantage of the current property market trends and decreasing energy bills? Contact Mockford & Hunt for all your estate agency needs and Prospect Tree Mortgages for expert mortgage advice. Don’t wait – start your journey towards owning your dream home today!